Coppercoat™ is the obvious choice for owners searching for increased performance with reduced costs from
- UNBEATABLE LONGEVITY – Unlike regular coatings, hardwearing Coppercoat™ remains effective for many seasons. A single treatment of Coppercoat™ is proven to remain effective for at least ten years. The first boats treated are still clean after 15 seasons!
- EXTRA EFFICIENCY – The combination of high copper content and a unique blend of biocides ensures ultra low growth rates and a clean hull. Motorboat owners report increased speed at lower revs, meaning a lower rate of fuel consumption and less engine wear. Professional racers can burnish the surface if required.
- GRP OSMOSIS PROTECTION – Coppercoat™ is based upon an inherently waterproof epoxy resin. As such, the application of Coppercoat™ helps to protect GRP vessels against osmotic attack.
- LOW MAINTENANCE – No more expensive and unpleasant annual stripping and repainting of hulls. Simply hose down the hull at regular intervals (commonly once a year), to remove any build up of slime.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – Being epoxy based Coppercoat™ is classified as non-eroding and causes less harm to the environment than conventional anti-foul paints. The complete treatment has been tested and approved by the Health and Safety Executive, in compliance with UK and EU law. Holding HSE Certificate Number 7532 our anti-fouling is fully approved for use by both professional tradesmen and the general public. Furthermore, Coppercoat™ fully complies with current (2001) International Maritime Organisation (IMO) Resolution MEPC.102(48).
These advantages have meant that many of the world’s leading boat builders have adopted Coppercoat™. Clients include:
African Cats, Aquastar, Arcona, Arvor, Bowman, Broom, Catana, Contessa, Cornish Crabbers, CR Yachts, Delphia, Discovery, Feeling, Hanse, Honnor, Hylas, J-Boats, Lagoon, Lochin, Malo, Najad, Nauticat, Nordship, Oyster, Quorning, Ribcraft, Rustler, Saturn, Sessa, Sirius, Solaris, South Boats, Southerly, Spirit, Swallow, Sunseeker and Trusty.
“I have just sold my Eclipse 33 after owning her for 17 years. I have had Coppercoat™ on her hull for 13 years and have been very satisfied with it’s performance during that time. It has saved a considerable amount of effort and money on the annual antifouling treatment normally required. I am about to take delivery of a new Jeanneau 35 and have no hesitation in applying Coppercoat™ to her before she is launched as a first priority.”
Graham Pay, April 2006
Graham’s Eclipse 33 undergoing annual pressure wash.